Friday, May 15, 2009

New Vintage Chenille Clothes

Before I shut myself down for a day or two, or should I say switch myself off, I thought I'd show some of my work for this week to restock for the Ipswich Heritage Faire on Sunday. It's on at the beautiful "Woodlands at Marburg if you are at a loose end on Sunday, why not come along. There will be 23 stalls from the Handmade Expo, (me included ! ) and lots of demos and activities for all the family, food, drinks etc from about 9am - 3 pm, free entry, free fun !!
Anyhoo some of the trims on these clothes were bought from a gorgeous fabric store in the US called Calamity Janes and you can find it here http://calamitysjanes.blogspot.com/ Bonnie will be pleased to help you out, as she has done for me a couple of times recently !
These items will be for sale at the Heritage Faire on Sunday, the skirts are $18, the pants are $20 and the co-ordinating buttons that are great for hairpins are $3.
Another lovely idea would be to sew them to a plain T Shirt either in the front or one on each sleeve to match the bottom piece. Or you could get really creative and do some sort of applique on a shirt and include the buttons, thus tieing the outfit all together.







So there you have part of my week, I have also made about 30 gorgeous heat packs in some new coloured chenille (vintage ofcourse)



7 comments:

Christina Lowry said...

Oh my, you have been a busy girl, haven't you?
Look at all the prizes you won at the show! Congratulations! Looks like you had a fun, if exhausting, time. :)

Mrs Button said...

Looking forward to checking out the collection and making my purchases!

Helen said...

Wishing you all the best for the fair Miriam xox. Loving your new skirts - do they come in big girl sizes?

Hey you must have sent me a thought message as I logged on this morning to add some Handmade Expo lovin' to my blog post and you'd already left a message - you're quick off the mark.

Have a fab time

xh

Umatji said...

Hey there, love the chenille - a favourite of mine as well! My boy cries when both his chenille overalls and purple pants are in the wash! The purple pants are up on my blog - he chose the heart button. Aaw.

The Catnap Cottage said...

Oh, a girl after my own heart - love the way you have repurposed vintage chenille - way to go girl!!

Sharlene said...

These are a wonderful way to stretch chenille into new life. I love them!
Sharlene

Unknown said...

Busy , busy , busy ! Great skirts .