Tuesday, May 5, 2009

bubbachenille finds

Well I am at the end of a run of busy -ness which has included the Stitches and Craft fair in Brisbane, the market in the mountain at Mt Tamborine, Mulgowie Farmers markets, some gardening, button making, list writing for this weeks Ipswich Show, making items to enter into the show ( 5 items ! ), making items to stock my share of the Handmade Expo show space.

Am I putting too much pressure on myself ?

There is so much I want to do and here I am on the computer again ! I wanted to show you a couple of finds from the weekend and also to show you how button making has crept into my world.

I am making some buttons to match the fabric trim on my " new collection " pants and skirts as well as vintage chenille buttons that will match the garments too. They could be used by the purchaser of the garment as hair clips ( just slide the bobby pin onto the button ) or as a button sewn on to a top to match the outfit.
I have even started wearing a chenille covered button in my hair!
I have very short sticky up spikey hair so it's a bit funny , but I'm lovin it !!




Then there was this bargain from the antique shop at Aratula, It's perfectly rusty which Mr bubba says will paint up a treat with some sanding.

Its an old hat box.
This gorgeous folk art teapot from Mt Tamborine.


And this lovely tiny hanging, about 8 cm X 11 cm, it's the heart thing I'm drawn to, cant resist ! Sorry it's a bit bright, I need a lesson on using my camera.

I'm off now for final packing and prep for the Ipswich Show, setting up tomorrow for three days of promoting the Handmade Expo and ofcourse promoting HANDMADE.

We will have lots of beautiful goodies for sale from over 20 of our best stallholders, so if you are in the area or looking for a day out Thurs, Friday or Saturday, 9 am - 9pm each day, Ipswich Showgrounds, Warwick Rd, then do yourself a favour and come visit us.

We have the biggest site in the pavilion ( and probably the best too ! ) and would love to help you choose an amazing Mothers Day gift for your mum. We could also help your child choose you a gift !

Catch up with you next week !
Happy Mothers Day too, hope you get spoilt !


5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Wowee such great finds!
You're making me tired just thinking about all of the shows and festivals and markets!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I love the buttons. They are great.

That hat box is pretty fantastic too.

flickettysplits said...

Oh, that tin is fabbo! It would be great friends with my blood box if we ever introduced them.

bubbachenille said...

You bet cha!

Helen said...

Wha amazing energy you have wonderwoman! Yes I did spy that stunning white Chenille covered button in your ever so chic hair - they are set to be real winners!

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments on my blogerooni - you and Leisa are tons of fun - looking forward to catching up again soon.

xh