Monday, June 14, 2010

Washing Macines DO eat socks and I have proof..

Recently, after helping my daughter with the folding, it frustrated me when there were so many un partenered socks at the end of the job.


She then produce a shoe box full of lots more unpartenered socks collected, I would say over maybe a two year period ! She says it just happens ! It never happened to me, Oh well, I sifted through them all and paired up what I could, but we still had lots of odd ones left over!


Today I was pulling washing out of the machine, and guess what happened ? The machine literally ATE a sock! Yep as I was pulling the clothes out, putting them into the basket, one tiny grandbabys sock jumped up and dove down behind the bowl. Well really it didn't dive, it was eaten by the machine. Luckily Mr bubba was able to tip the machine over, scrounge around with his hand to find it resting in the innards of the machine ! Heaven forbid I should ever lose a sock !

So machines do really eat socks !

This is how interesting my long weekend was after the 3 Grandchildren went home after their sleepover!


Thanks Lindsay for the use of your photo, lindsayjanedesigns.blogspot.com

9 comments:

Jodie said...

And here I was just thinking it was only at our place!

Buy Design said...

I have one of those boxes too full of odd socks waiting to be reunited with their neighbours. I'm quite ruthless and if the other doesn't turn up in 6 months the one i have has to go.
What I want to know is where the neighbours hide because they always come out eventually.
Maybe there is a conspiracy....

Mrs Button said...

I know. It drives me mad. I had a spotless sock record until I had children! Now I have a lost sock box and we periodically try to reunite partners. Sigh...one of the mysteries of life. Lisa x

bubbachenille said...

I'm sure there is some sort of sock conspiracy going on!

nerines said...

I've got a girlfriend who makes socks (mongrel socks) and she would love this. She recently gave quite an interesting reply to a customers inquiry in regards to the missing sock phenomenon:-)

Me and My 4 Fellas said...

I KNEW IT!!!

Cuggles! Kids said...

A-ha! So that's where they go. Well, that and daycare. We even end up with other peoples socks. Have recently been thinking I'd better start a sock-puppet project or some other productive use for them. : )

Carolyne Thornton said...

Ooh, you need to watch this! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mXOwtUXCc4

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Miriam! Oh no! This is not a new phenomenon!! Every washing machine I've ever owned has had penchant for eating odd socks ... never a PAIR ... always ONE sock! In fact, I'll often hang the washing and come in to tell my beloved that he has four and a half pairs of socks on the line! :0) The good part (sort of!) of this tale is that my beloved often WEARS odd socks! As long as they are approximately the same and there are two of them, on they go. I tell him to make sure he lets peole know that his wife really DOES love him and is not resonsible for his socks! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS